11.04.2008

Shutter Speed

In order to demonstrate my understanding of shutter speed, I'm posting two photos.

To get the blurred effect on the waterfall, I lowered my shutter speed to 1/6th of a second, and adjusted my aperture accordingly.

To be able to shoot the stone wall from the car, moving approximately 60mph, I obviously had a relatively fast shutter speed; between 1/250th and 1/500th of a second.


3 comments:

MrReederCPFA said...

Good job. I hope you are getting some sleep now!

Zach Larmer said...

hey man. love the use of a slightly long exposure on the water.

that's one of my greatest photography loves.

waterfalls + slow shutter = awesome.

Claire Inie Richards said...

I was there for these :) except I was behind you in the island. and they we went for a lovely stroll and stole a quash. which you did not even take. for shameeeee.

the shots came out really nicely though